Sunday, December 2, 2007

Wuhan

We left Beijing this morning and took our first Chinese flight to Wuhan Thankfully it was a short flight, because the seats are very tight. I think if Jerry was any bigger he would not have fit in the plane seat. We were amazed how crammed you were on the airplane. Talk about a cattle car.

Upon arriving in Wuhan we met up with our facilitator Michael at the airport. After a long drive from the airport, we finally got to our hotel. Hard to believe but traffic in China may be worse than NY traffic. We got settled into our room and walked around a bit. Wuhan is a big city (about 5 million people) but much different from Beijing. Beijing is very cosmopolitian and Wuhan is more of an Industrial city. I don't think they get alot of Americian visitors. We get stared out no matter where we go. So far, we have not met alot of people who speak English. Then again its only our first afternoon in the city.

The good news is we meet Alisha at 10am tomorrow morning (that's Sunday at 9pm in Delaware). We also found out that they have arranged for us to go to her Orphanage on Thursday. We are not sure if we will meet her foster parents but it will be nice to see where she has been living. I am going to see if we can also go to her finding place. All memories, Jerry and I want to be able to share with Alisha when she gets older.

Can't wait to meet our little girl tomorrow. Our dream is only a day away!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god I am soooo excited...I can't imagine how you guys must be feeling. This blog was such a great idea. It feels like we are really up to date with what you are doing. Wow 6.5 hours to go. I will say a prayer at 9pm tonight. Can;t wait to see her! Love you guys.
Lauren

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys made it ok! It looks like I have good timing - In one hour you will meet your little girl! I cann't wait to see her picture when I wake up in the morning.
Thanks for including us in your travels
Susanne & Michael

Anonymous said...

My Children

By the time you read this you will have your precious daughter Alisha with you. She is now where she belongs - in the loving arms of her Mom and Dad. What a delicious and emotional moment it had to have been. There is nothing like having a child in your life. It is different then anything you have experienced and I know you are going to relish it and be wonderful parents to this adorable child.

Please give her a couple of extra hugs and kisses from and tell her that her Grandmother is eagerly awaiting her arrival and intends to have alot of fun spoiling her.

WELCOME TO OUR FAMILY ALISHA

Love you all.

MOM

Beth said...

OMG! As I am typing this you are meeting your daughter! It will be love at first sight. I can't wait to see the photos. -Happy Parenting- Beth

Gary said...

Hi Jerry and Renee:

I hope that you are thoroughly enjoying this wonderful experience. It is now 11:22 PM in Wilm., DE. If everything worked out, you have been with your daughter for over two hours.

Wishing you continued success and enjoyment in this moment and in the future.

Thank you for all the wonderful information. Looking forward to future comments.

All my best,

Gary