Monday, May 19, 2008

Mother's Day

I can’t believe I celebrated my first Mother's Day. Each and every day with Alisha is amazing.... but Mother’s Day was extra special. I am so very blessed to have such a special little one to call me Mama. Alisha is my BIGGEST BLESSING and I am so lucky to be her Mom!!

Jerry and Alisha really made the day very special for me. They gave me a bouquet of beautiful flowers, a new necklace (with the Chinese symbols for Mother and Daughter) and Alisha was wearing a special shirt (GO YANKS!!). Thanks Jerry for being such a wonderful husband and father. Alisha and I are two very lucky ladies!!


I think of Alisha's birth mother and foster mom often but I felt especially thoughtful of them on Mother’s Day. Alisha is very blessed that both of these women loved her so much...her birth mother for making the hardest decision of her life not to be her parent and her wonderful foster mother who took such amazing care of her for a year. I am truly grateful for all these women did for our little girl. My wish is that they should know how much we love Alisha and that she has found her forever family.

I found this poem several months ago when I was still waiting for Alisha. I thought this would be a good occasion to share it with everyone.

Legacy of An Adopted Child
Author unknown

Once there were two women who never knew each other.
One you do not remember, the other you call Mother.

Two different lives shaped to make you one.
One became your guiding star, the other became your sun.

The first one gave you life and the second taught you to live it.
The first gave you a need for love, the second was there to give it.

One gave you a nationality; the other gave you a name.
One gave you a talent, the other gave you aim.

One gave you emotion; the other calmed your fears.
One saw your first sweet smile, the other dried your tears.

One made an adoption plan that was all that she could do.
The other prayed for a child, and God led her straight to you.

Now, which of these two women, Are you the product of?

Both my darling, BOTH
Just two different types of LOVE.

No comments: